The purpose of the community is to:
- Build relationships
- Train dogs
- Answer questions related to dog training
- Share successes and advice in relation to dog training and ownership
In order to meet the goals of this community, it’s important for members to feel like they are in a safe place that is populated by people with shared interests. As such, we request that you read and adhere to the guidelines that follow.
- Treat others online as you would treat them in real life
- Be tolerant towards other’s viewpoints; respectfully disagree when opinions do not align
- Respect the privacy and personal information of other members
- Communicate with courtesy and respect
Please do not:
- Make personal attacks on other community members
- Use defamatory remarks or make false statements against others
- Post prejudiced comments or profanity
- Bully or make inflammatory remarks to other community members
We are not responsible for the content users post on these Sites.
- You accept sole responsibility for any material you may submit via the Site including:
- User profiles (such as your name and User profile image or avatar)
- Any other content that you upload, share, publish or display on or through the Site.
- You may not upload to, post, transmit, distribute or share User Generated Content or “UGC” on this Site that you did not create or that you do not have permission to share.
- You may not post or upload to these Sites any content that:
- (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasion of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, illegal or otherwise objectionable;
- (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise create liability or violate any law;
- (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigns, mass mailings, chain letters, or spam.
- You warrant that any UGC you post, transmit, or share is owned by you or you have obtained permission for its use.
- The UGC does not reflect our opinions or views and under no circumstances are we liable in any way for UGC, including, but not limited to, errors or omissions or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of or reliance on any UGC.
- archive or to not publish content
- make Forum discussion “Read Only”
- modify or remove Site Content or UGC (without notice or liability)
By posting UGC to these Sites, you understand and agree you grant CommuniCanine and its affiliates:
- an unrestricted, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, reproduce, adapt, translate and distribute such UGC for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, throughout the world in any media.
- CommuniCanine does not assert any ownership over your UGC.
- You understand and agree your UGC is as between us and you, subject to the rights granted to the Site in these Terms, you retain full ownership of all your UGC and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your UGC.
- By using these Sites, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the content, and that you will be responsible for paying all royalties and other fees that might be due to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify CommuniCanine for all claims resulting from content you supply.
- You are not entitled to any compensation for UGC you post on these Sites unless otherwise agreed upon.
- CommuniCanine does not guarantee that you will have any recourse through CommuniCanine to edit or delete any content you have submitted.
- Ratings and written comments are generally posted within two to four business days.
- CommuniCanine reserves the right to remove or tor refuse to post any submission for any reason.
Use messaging/email responsibly. These tools are intended to keep members in touch with one another, to help facilitate networking and support, – and to promote common interests. Some examples might include:
- Inviting local area members to a dog meeting event or to join a local dog club
- Reaching out to members for advice, to reconnect or to join a group
- Messaging/email and use of personal contact information made available through the Community Directory —including names, mailing addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social media accounts, student information, employment information for any commercial, advocacy, promotional, or political purpose is prohibited. Prohibited activities include solicitations for business or personal services, fundraising, cold-calling of any kind, mass-mailings, or broadcast e-mails.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. CommuniCanine will investigate occurrences and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting the user or users who are involved in such violations. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the App, including, without limitation, the following:
- Accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which user is not authorized to access;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to CommuniCanine site, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”; or sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services;
- Reverse engineering, reconstructing, copying, preparing derivative works or otherwise imitating the App.
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting; or
- Attempting to obtain information or account access from or about any user, host or network via any means including, without limitation, impersonation, false representations, “phishing” or “pharming” or misrepresentation.
We will take action when we see someone violating these guidelines. Sometimes that just means giving someone a warning; other times it means revoking certain privileges or accounts entirely – in severe cases, legal action may be required. We request that all community members report behavior that violates our guidelines to email@example.com
We will not refund any accounts that have been revoked due to abuse of our guidelines or community portal.
By logging onto the community and activating your profile, you are considered to be in agreement with the terms and conditions listed above.